17 March 2017

A Herd of Seahorses


Now this is a collection of seahorses - I didn't make them, though. They were made by Liz for a project over the other side of Australia from where she lives!!! Aren't they gorgeous? 

Liz sent them to me some time ago but I keep forgetting to put them on my blog. Here's what she says.

"Here is what I will be sending for the Reef project in Exmouth, West. Aust.

I have not straightened up the small ones – Christie says she thinks she might have to stiffen them – so she can do that!!

I learned a lot- I had not done any beading before, and especially stringing the fin beads in the little ones – Grr!!

I omitted the beads within the seahorses – where one row of rings joins the next row. I just did plain, simple joins, but did the beads around the edge. They were fun to do, - and should look Ok in the Reef the Community is making.

Thank you for the patterns. You write them out so they are easy to follow. You can see how my tension differs, by the way some curl up more than others!! -- Well, - shows they are hand made!!!!!!!
Hugs, Liz.

There's always something SO warming when you see your patterns made by others. Sort of makes the hours of 'blood, sweat and tears' (well, not quite!) all seem worthwhile when you've long forgotten about old patterns.

4 comments:

God's Kid said...

Wow! Those are great seahorses!! :)

Pigmini said...

They look brilliant!! Liz, you did well!!

Helen said...

Wonderful.

Bernice said...

Very satisfying for you I'm sure. Lovely Herd.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.